Competence Centre Ltd. for research and development was established with the aim of strengthening the innovation potential of Vukovar-Srijem County’s economy and aligning research and development strategic plans with the needs of the economy, acting in the public interest.
In accordance with the Law on the promotion of entrepreneurial Infrastructure, the Competence Centre Ltd. for research and development is a specialized business entity that carries out research projects of a development or production character and develops competences in the field of bioeconomy and with which other business entities can contract research and development services.
It focuses on development and applied research and their commercialization, as well as the support and strengthening of intellectual property within a specific thematic area of bioeconomy in accordance with the Strategy of smart specialization of the Republic of Croatia 2016.-2020.
Vision: Promote and support bioeconomy – smart and sustainable use of natural resources.
Mission: Strengthen innovation potential for an advanced, competitive and climate-neutral economy.
- merging science with economy
- technology and knowledge transfers
- increasing competitiveness
- development of new products
- improving product and production process quality
- application of KET and ICT
- increase in revenue and exports of final products
- increase in employment
- strengthening the cooperation between forestry and timber industry
- lifelong learning
- raising awareness of research, development and innovation
- increasing investment in research, development and innovation
- promote and support bioeconomy
- circular and smart economy
- corporate social responsibility
- sustainable development