Competence Centre Ltd. for research and development was established with the aim of strengthening the innovation potential of Vukovar-Srijem County’s economy and aligning research and development strategic plans with the needs of the economy, acting in the public interest.
In accordance with the Law on the promotion of entrepreneurial Infrastructure, the Competence Centre Ltd. for research and development is a specialized business entity that carries out research projects of a development or production character and develops competences in the field of bioeconomy and with which other business entities can contract research and development services.
It focuses on development and applied research and their commercialization, as well as the support and strengthening of intellectual property within a specific thematic area of bioeconomy in accordance with the Strategy of smart specialization of the Republic of Croatia 2016.-2020.
Mission: sustainable development, environment protection and increasing competitiveness through research, development and innovation projects.
- increasing employment,
- increasing revenues and exports of final products,
- application of modern technologies,
- transfer of knowledge and technologies through cooperation with scientific research institutions,
- development of new products with high added value and a high degree of finalization,
- improvement of product quality and production processes,
- strengthening cooperation between forestry and wood industry,
- training and education,
- design and branding,